Tuesday, November 16, 2004

...It's just a moment in the woods.

I sat down to write about music today. But I decided to put that off because there is something I can't get out of my head. I have what one would call, very eclectic tastes. I can't say I particularly care for one genre of music or another. I like what I like. Same way with cars, clothes, movies... and men. I don't have a type. Well, actually according to Jen I do. Breathing. She's right, I do prefer them warm. I'll even settle for hot when I can get it. I once went on a date with a hot undertaker. Okay ponder that for a minute!

Two recent men came into my life who I would not have said - yeah, he's my type. We all know the story of the drag queen. Okay, look, once they have their makeup off they can be butch. No, really. Shut up. Stop laughing. Don't make me pull this blog over.

The other was the supermarket guy. Hey I am really into anyone who thinks I look good when I'm non-showered, non-combed, non-primped, and non-cologned. No we have not done the deed. We have had coffee, we have talked, we took a walk. All-in-all nice guy, and for the record, I am still masturbating.

The point of this is, that I didn't seek them out. I didn't go to the club thinking, "I'm gonna bag me some drag queen meat tonight". I did go to the supermarket for meat, but not of the 6' 2" kind. Today I am primped, cologned, and looking pretty damn good (for me anyway). I was in the cashier line at the mall, paying for my salad. The guy in front of me, who I had not noticed (so naive I am) dropped his wallet and bent over to pick it up. That made me notice.

He stood up, greek god that he was - body like a quarterback, and I realized then and there that I was no longer hungry for salad. I wanted meat. Greek meat. I followed him to get a better look (no ring on the finger, no one with him). He sat at a table in the food court. I sat discretely right next to him, facing him, full view of his crotch of him as he ate. His eyes caught mine and in that moment I realized that we were destined to be together always. His eyes looked deeply into mine and realized in that moment, that I was a stalker. At least, that look of curiosity, followed by understanding, followed by annoyance, spoke volumes.

Sigh. Not all moments are meant to be. And I can't get this song out of my head...

Was that me? Yes it was. Was that him? No it wasn't..
Just a trick of the woods!
Just a moment,
One peculiar passing moment.
Must it all be either less or more,
Either plain or grand?
Is it always 'or'?
Is it never 'and'?
That's what woods are for:
For those moments in the woods...