Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The best ones are either married or straight, or both.



I don't know why, but for some reason I seem to be a straight man magnet. Now granted I am spending my time this year trying to fulfill my resolution of being single. Thus proving that they are only interested when you aren't. However, the fates seem to be wise to me. I do seem to be their favorite pastime. Quite a few yucks out of ol' Joey Boy let me tell you!

There is a guy at work who I have known for several years. Wait, let me explain something. I am not out at work. Then again, I am not in either. I don't have a rainbow posted on my head, but if someone actually asks then I give them the truth. The return response has always been - "Oh, cool" - and then the discussion goes back to other things. It's kind of disappointing. I have an entire tirade prepared on how gay is an adjective and just one that describes me, yada, yada, yada.

But I digress. Back to the urinal discussion. So I walk into the bathroom at work, where I always keep things business-like at the urinal, staring at my favorite logo, Sloan Valve Co. At the urinals is my fellow co-worker. He starts talking to me, not uncommon with him, but it's usually idle chatter. This time he is asking me pointed questions about office goings-on, and the discussion is going on longer than normal chit-chat. Out of the corner of my eye I happened to notice that his head was turned toward me when talking to me. I also realized I was almost done with what I was doing, and he was still standing there. I just slightly turned my gaze toward his eyes, which gave me enough peripheral vision to notice that he was standing back far enough from Mr. Sloan Porcelain that if I was looking, I would see "it" quite easily. And I could tell he was taking a prolonged time in "shaking". In fact, the shaking that he was doing in certain circles would be taken for an obvious invitation.

I am sure it was all innocent, as I have known him for several years and would not expect what was actually going on quite graphically in my head. But then, it was just frelling odd. Are straight men curious? Hmmm.