Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Please don't call me

The phone was ringing and I was busy. Okay I don't answer the home phone, because anyone of any importance calls my cell phone. Curiosity did kick in, so I looked at the Caller ID on the handset and noticed that I was getting a call from "Unavailable".

All I could think was, Shit. It's bad enough everyone I want is "Unavailable" but now they're calling me directly just to announce their unavailability.

Oh, I'm sure you know the type. You pass them in a public place. Your eyes meet theirs for a brief moment. You're thinking to yourself, "I really need to stop for gas on the way home". He, however, looks back with that look that says "You can't have me! No no, Mr. Desperate! No Me for you!! I am Unavailable to the likes of You!!!" And you are thinking, "What the hell was that all about?"

Yes, I am available! And I am the one who wants none of the likes of you Mr. Haughty Unavailable!! So stop calling me, dammit!!!