Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Again


Then. Kirk.
I was sitting in the chair across the room. The only sound that mattered came from the bed, his breathing. The sun was just starting to appear over the horizon. As I took a momentary fleeting glance at the azure, the lapis lazuli, the white wisps of clouds, my mind could not blot out this singular thought. My life had forever changed and there would be no going back.

I had been sitting there watching him for what seemed like hours. In fact, it was only minutes. When I woke up in my bed his arm was around me, his cheek against the back of my head. His whispered words, spoken hours before, still hung in the air. "I will always love you". If I had slept at all after that point, I truly don't know.

As the light through the window began to increase, I slipped out of his grasp ever so slowly as to not waken him. From where I then sat, watching him sleeping ever so soundly, he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I never wanted that night to end. Like the perfect beautiful balloon I was given as a young child, I was afraid this too would break. As he stirred I realized that this was the moment, the last moment of perfection.

Now. BF.
I am sitting in a chair across the room. The only sound that matters comes from the bed, his breathing. When I woke up in my bed his arm was around me, his cheek against the back of my head. His whispered words, spoken hours before, still hung in the air. "I love you". My mind can not blot out this singular thought. My life has again changed forever and there will be no going back.

I have been sitting here watching him for hours, and from where I sit, he is so beautiful. As he stirs I realize I am again experiencing perfection. I am terrified.