Monday, August 01, 2005

I hate shark week



Originally uploaded by joeydestino.
I am truly having what is most likely the best summer of my life - so far. I don't even think childhood summers were ever this much fun.

My weeks of course are filled with work. Luckily my work is for the most part enjoyable. And the weekends have been spectacular!

I have spent good quality time with friends almost every weekend. I continue to do things that are a little out of the norm for me. And BF has had a huge hand in that. Our relationship constantly manages to surprise me. I would never have expected to find someone that I did not have to "mother" in some way or another.

That is, until this weekend. He decided he wanted to learn how to surf. Of course he knows I have the hots for surfer boys, so I should have seen it coming. I love the water. I love the shore. I love boats. Hell I even love parasailing. But. I will never, ever, surf. And now that he is taking lessons, my maternal instincts are kicking in. Thoughts of sharks keep running through my head. And trust me on this one. I don't want anyone or anything eating him.

'Cept me of course ;)