Thursday, November 17, 2005

Decision Time


I thought about it long and hard. No, not that. Although that is a nice thought..., but I digress.

I don't like me on NaNoWriMo. The BF does not like me on NaNoWriMo. My dog does not like me on NaNoWriMo.

So I have given up. I thought it was a fun idea, but in execution, it is just not my cup of green tea. The biggest problem is in the method of writing. Had I chosen something less, well, interesting I guess, then it would be different. I probably could have whipped out a technical manual of 50,000 words without really even thinking about it.

But I chose to write a murder mystery. It's a genre I love to read and always wanted to try my hand at writing. So I did. And guess what? I fell in love. No, not him. I was already in love with the BF. I mean my protagonist. I was giving him lots of quantity time, but hardly any quality time.

If I can't spend more quality time with him, then I have to break it off. He deserves so much more than a feeble attempt at pushing out mass quantities of words with a blatant disregard to his feelings. He needs to be nourished, and nurtured.

And that is just what I am going to do. I am going to get our relationship back to the way it was. Back in Chapter One.

Standing in the sea of boxes, he didn't realize he was not alone.