Friday, December 23, 2005

The Future


"Are you asleep?" he said, nuzzling my neck.

"Not as long as you keep doing that," I replied.

"Is there anything you wanted for Christmas that I don't know about?" he whispered in my ear.

"I don't remember ever mentioning anything that I wanted, but I know you will surprise me. You always do."

"I just want to make sure you get all you ever wanted. I want you to have the best Christmas ever," he said, running his hand over my chest.

"Honey, I already have all I ever wanted. I have you." I whispered back.

"Good," he said, "because that's what I got you."

I have a feeling this Christmas is going to be quite a surprise. I really have no idea what he will come up with. And that's what I love most about him.

For him, there will be a Christmas evening in front of the fire, just the two of us. I am giving him two gifts tomorrow night. One, a lease for the shore house for next summer with just our names on it. The other, well, I don't want to say here just in case he has found out about this site. But I can tell you it is going to change both of our lives significantly. And it is extremely romantic.