Thursday, February 17, 2005

The boys are back!



Ah, the boys of summer!

My heart is starting to feel glad again. Signs of spring are peaking out all over. The most important portent - today was the first day of Spring Training (that's Baseball for all of you non-Americans).

I have always loved baseball. Some of my fondest memories are of spending time with my Dad tossing a ball or going to a game. I was never good at baseball either (bad hand-eye coordination), but I spent a lot of time cheering on friends at American Legion games.

Yeah, I know. A gay man who likes sports. I do. I'm not fanatic about sports, but I do love a good game. Basketball -not so much. But baseball makes me think about the memories, and summer. Life is good.

Oh, the guy over there - that's Pat Burrell of the Phillies - my future husband.