Tuesday, February 22, 2005

A boy's fancy



I've been thinking a lot about love lately.

Are you finally going to talk about your love life?

Umm. Sort of. I haven't mentioned the date, or anything else going on with that area of my life.

We've been chomping at the bit for almost two weeks to hear the details of THE date!

Yeah, yeah, I know. It was a very good date, as dates go. Dinner, movie, lots of talking.

And...

Sorry, none of that. I never do that on a first date. Or second. Or third. In fact, I'm one of those who believes in truly getting to know the person before engaging in, intimacy.

Oh, what a load of crap. You've told us about the various nights that you, how did you put it - "Got some"!

Ah, there is the difference. Sex is a good thing. But the very rare instance where I meet someone, usually in an inebriated state, and engage in "getting some" (did I actually say that?) is different than getting to know someone and entering into a relationship.

Whatever. So what's the deal with the guy?

Well neither one of us are in our twenties any more, and we are both looking for something - well - permanent. So we are spending our time getting to know each other.

And?

God you people are inquistive! Alright. I find him fascinating, and charming. And handsome. Oh so witty. Well read. And yes, we have spent some time together over the past week or so. Flowers arrived at my office on VD/BD. Late night phone calls are happening asking about my day, etc...

So does this mean...?

No. Yes. Ummm. Maybe. We'll see. Oh leave me alone.

They SO did it.

I agree!

Out! All of you!