Friday, January 20, 2006

Karma


Thank you all for the comments on the last post. Quite honestly, I didn't even hesitate on what I did. I deleted the voicemail. I had long ago removed his number from my phone. And afterwards, I thought about the second option. For a while now.

I think Moby really hit it (No I mean my feelings about the issue, not the guy, although I did want to hit it at the time). Here's what he said:

option 1. You don't need the drama in your life and calling him would only (serve) to create drama. You also keep your karma intact by not being ugly while giving him a dose of his own medicine at the same time.

Should he call again, politely advise him, you've moved on and the moment has been more than lost. Politely say goodbye after asking him not to call you again.


I'm a closet buddhist in spirit. When Kirk died, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to live better. I am not always perfect. Hell, I am rarely perfect. But I don't beat myself up over it. I try to keep my Karma clean, my chi clean, and my house clean. And much as I want to, as Jen would say, rip him several new assholes, I can't. It's just not my style.

But when I was a young strapping lad working in the clubs, drama was my Mamma. Boy am I glad those days are long gone.

There are quite a few guys like that guy out there. Unfortunately. I pray that none of you have to deal with them. I've always been a magnet for bad boys, jerks, controllers, and users. But now I've found a prince. And I truly believe it's because I changed myself.

For that guy that called I just truly have one thing to say. Karma can be a mean bitch. But I'm not. Anymore.